You will learn about the four primary synthetic fibers and how they are extruded, dyed, and spun into yarns before being sent to tufting machines or looms. Wool is a beautiful and luxurious product but can be a nightmare for the uninformed. Learn the proper pH, temperatures, and techniques specific to wool.
Improper installation can cause problems for the cleaning technician. You will learn the important areas of the CRI 105 Installation Standards and how they can protect you from claims that arise after cleaning.
Cleaning chemistry bears more of a resemblance to washing your clothes than to the Periodic Table and atomic structure you suffered through in high school chemistry. The similarity is that if you use the wrong chemistry, you will have poor results. Demonstrations of cleaning chemistry will simplify the subject.
You will learn the secrets spot and stain professionals before you leave the class. Knowing how to use deodorization technology as well as the benefits of properly applied protectors can be profit builders and a route to “wowing” your customer.
You will learn the five principles of cleaning along with the five most popular cleaning methods. With a thorough knowledge of the technical aspects in hand, you will be taken step-by-step through a complete residential cleaning job. The class ends with a chapter dealing with specialty problems and detailed solutions to each.
What you’ll learn…
- Identifying carpet fibers
- Spot and stain removal
- Choosing the most appropriate cleaning method
- What is encapsulation and what are its benefits
- How understanding chemistry can simplify your job
- How to clean stain-resistant carpets
- How to properly apply protectors and deodorizers
- Solutions to the ten most difficult cleaning challenges
- This course guides you step by step through every facet of professional carpet cleaning for beginners and experienced professionals
This course has been approved for (14) IICRC CECs.
Please complete STUDENT Registration
Things to have with you for our Live Seminar
Live ZOOM Seminar
"Very entertaining and educational"
Includes admission for one person. Student must provide own device with camera, microphone and internet connection. Online classes are non-refundable.